- Transit Council, February 15, 9:00 a.m. meeting
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Council, February 15, 10:30 a.m. meeting
- Safety and Operations Council, February 15, 1:00 p.m. meeting
- Transportation Subcommittee, March 15, 10:30 a.m. meeting
- Planning and Programming Committee, April 12, 11:30 a.m. meeting
- Executive Committee, May 10, 2019, 11:30 a.m. meeting
Major Rehabilitation of US-20 in Madison Township
History/Background: This project is included in ODOT District 12’s Program
Title: Major rehabilitation of US-20 in Madison Township
Sponsor: Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District 12
Estimated Total Cost: $16,000,000
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: ODOT
- LAK US-20 – 24.99: PID No. 109270 - This project involves major rehabilitation of Ridge Road (US-20), from Townline Road to SR-528, in Madison Township (location map). Work will include minor widening and drainage replacement. The estimated cost of construction (CO), provided by the sponsor, is $16,000,000. The project will be fully funded with Major Rehab Program funds and ODOT District Preservation funds for award in July 2020.
Staff Comment (Summary):
- Consider installation of centerline rumble stripes to mitigate head-on collisions.
- Coordinate with Madison Township on the status and long term maintenance of the sidewalk.
Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Council (BPAC):
- Offset the sidewalk as far as possible from the traffic lane, especially in the higher speed sections.
- Recommend wide shoulders to better facilitate bike travel.
• No comments; recommended for Planning and Programming Committee review.
Planning and Programming Committee:
• No comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
• No comments; recommended for Board of Directors' review.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):
Comment received from a Madison Township resident:
I do not support this project(s) as proposed. US-20 DOES need improving. However, I work for Madison Township and own property and a business in the township and am concerned about the negative impact that this project could have for property owners, like the US-20 McMackin Road Project had on our property. The state's road water has become a serious issue on our property due to that project (that our parcel was NOT a part of). I hope that the review process works better for this project.
Response from ODOT District 12:
The [project] design will include pavement replacement, widening of US-20 approximately 2 feet on either side to establish standard lane widths while re-establishing curb reveal. The project also includes the replacement of the current roadway drainage to create an improved drainage system. Due to the pavement replacement and widening, all drive aprons along US-20 will be replaced and regraded for proper drainage.
The implementation of standard lane widths will improve safety and access management with minimal right of way impacts. Please let me know if you have any concerns.