According to AAA, the annual cost to own and operate a vehicle is more than $8,500, or $0.57 per mile. Carpooling helps you to share these costs with other commuters, leaving you money for other things. It also helps commuters to know their neighbors and coworkers better and build a closer community. Additionally, fewer cars on the road lowers mobile emissions and improves air quality.
What are the benefits of carpooling?
- Saves money through shared commute costs (fuel, tolls, and parking)
- Lowers stress through shared driving
- Improves air quality through reduced pollution
- Gives riders time to read, sleep, work, and socialize
- Reduces traffic congestion
- Decreases the need for parking spaces (many employers provide priority parking for carpoolers)
Learn more about how to make the most of your carpool. Not sure where to meet your fellow carpoolers? Try one of Northeast Ohio’s Park-N-Ride Lots!