Each year, NOACA and its partners sponsor the NEO Commuter Choice Awards, a friendly competition that recognizes and rewards employers who encourage employees to choose alternatives to drive-alone commutes. Smart commuting benefits your company, your employees, and our region.
NOACA has partnered with the Sustainable Cleveland, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) and Laketran to sponsor the 2019 Commuter Choice Awards. In 2019, 37 organizations with more than 121,000 employees participated in the Awards. NOACA announced the winners on October 16, 2019, at the Sustainable Cleveland Summit.
2019 Commuter Choice Award Winners:
- Bike Cleveland
- Century Cycles
- University Circle, Inc.
- Ohio City, Inc.
- Case Western Reserve University
- Ohio City Bicycle Co-Op
- The Cleveland Foundation
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- Thompson Hine, LLC
Examples of award winning actions that encourage employees to use alternative transportation include:
- Creating and promoting a subsite on Gohio Commute
- Providing free or subsidized transit passes to employees
- Offering secure outdoor and indoor parking for bicycles
- Providing showers, changing areas and lockers for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Allowing employees to telecommute and have flexible work schedules
- Creating a parking cash-out program that rewards employees who don't drive alone
Apply for a 2020 Award!
Information on how to apply for the 2020 Commuter Choice Awards will be announced in early 2020. For more information, please contact NOACA (216-241-2414 or firstname.lastname@example.org).