Each year, NOACA and its partners sponsor the NEO Commuter Choice Awards, a friendly competition that recognizes and rewards employers who encourage employees to choose alternatives to drive-alone commutes. Smart commuting benefits your company, your employees, and our region.
NOACA has partnered with the Sustainable Cleveland, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) and Laketran to sponsor the 2019 Commuter Choice Awards. In 2018, 29 organizations with more than 95,000 employees participated in the Awards. Winners were announced on September 20, 2018 at the Sustainable Cleveland Summit.
Apply for a 2019 Award!
The application survey for the 2019 Commuter Choice Awards is now available. To apply for an award and create your own Gohio Commute subsite, simply download and complete the survey by Wednesday, July 17 at 5 p.m. NOACA will contact you to help develop your subsite if you don’t already have one. For more information call us at 216-241-2414, or email us at email@example.com. Recipients of 2019 Commuter Choice Awards will be recognized at the Sustainable Cleveland Summit 2019 at Cleveland Public Auditorium.
2018 Commuter Choice Award Winners:
- Gold: Century Cycles
- Silver: Cleveland Museum of Natural History & Case Western Reserve University
- Bronze: University Circle, Inc., Cleveland Foundation, Cleveland Clinic, Rathbone Group, LLC, and Thompson Hine, LLC.
Examples of award winning actions that encourage employees to use alternative transportation include:
- Creating and promoting a subsite on Gohio Commute
- Providing free or subsidized transit passes to employees
- Offering secure outdoor and indoor parking for bicycles
- Providing showers, changing areas and lockers for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Allowing employees to telecommute and have flexible work schedules
- Creating a parking cash-out program that rewards employees who don't drive alone