2020 Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative (TLCI) Program
NOACA runs a Planning Study program for transportation initiatives that promote regional benefit. Communities may submit applications for consideration during our open application period each year. Applications for community-based planning studies that do not provide a larger regional benefit will not be considered eligible. Examples of studies that provide a regional benefit and that have been considered by NOACA are:
- Downtown Cleveland Transportation Connectivity Study
- Regional Metroparks Trails/Transportation Connections Study
- Regional Lakefront Transportation Connections Study
Also, check out NOACA's new tool: TLCI Design Flexibility Guidelines. This tool helps communities navigate the process to create more flexible road designs.
For questions or concerns, please contact the NOACA office at 216-241-2414, Ext 275.
The application period for the 2020 TLCI program closed on October 11, 2019. Applications are not currently being accepted.
NOACA's Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative (TLCI) provides assistance to communities and public agencies for integrated transportation and land use planning and projects that strengthen community livability. TLCI advances the goals of NOACA’s Regional Strategic Plan by:
- Developing transportation projects that provide more travel options
- Promoting reinvestment in underutilized or vacant/abandoned properties
- Supporting economic development
- Ensuring that the benefits of growth and change are available to all members of a community
- Enhancing regional cohesion
- Providing people with safe and reliable transportation choices
The TLCI program consists of two components: (1) planning and (2) implementation.
Planning awards help fund planning studies that can lead to improvements to transportation systems and the neighborhoods they support.
Implementation awards help communities move forward with the development and installation of infrastructure from past completed livability studies. Project sponsors are encouraged to submit minimum implementation requests of $100,000. However, projects requiring less than $100,000 will be considered if they exemplify the goals of the TLCI program.
Contact us at at 216-241-2414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Info for Sponsors:||Plans, Reports & Maps:|