Review and comment on NOACA's draft SFY 2020 Overall Work Program
NOACA’s draft SFY 2020 Overall Work Program (OWP) is now available for public review and comment. The OWP outlines the transportation and environmental work of NOACA staff during each fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30. It is one of three major planning documents mandated by the federal government for metropolitan planning organizations.
The staff work contained within the OWP is helping NOACA achieve its 20-year plan for the future, titled AIM Forward 2040.
Highlights of NOACA's proposed work for SFY 2020:
- 2045 Long-Range Transportation Plan development
- 2021-2024 Transportation Improvement Program development
- 208 Water Quality Management Plan
- Hyperloop Feasibility Study
- Street Supplies program
- Communication, public outreach and engagement
- Facility Planning Area (FPA) boundary and prescriptions for wastewater treatment
- Freight Hub Study development
- Regional electric vehicle charging station location plan
- Regional Transit Strategic Plan development
- Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan development
- Signal Timing Optimization Program – analyze additional corridors
- TLCI and Section 5310 Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities programs, and much more
The public may comment on the draft OWP until close of business Thursday, June 13.