The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency is a regional organization of local officials responsible for carrying out transportation and environmental planning under local direction and in accordance with federal and state mandates. The NOACA area encompasses the
Cleveland/Lorain-Elyria metropolitan region which includes the Counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, and Medina.
In pursuing these responsibilities NOACA aims to:
- Improve the quality of life of the region's citizens by enhancing its long term economic development potential and protecting its environmental quality.
- Assist member local governments and agencies in addressing local and regional issues in a cooperative manner.
- Assure the equitable flow and prudent expenditure of public funds.
NOACA supports these aims by:
- Serving as a forum of local public officials for regional debate and intergovernmental cooperation.
- Encouraging local decision-making in harmony with the region's transportation and environmental plans.
- Maintaining federal designations and planning processes, and meeting federal and state requirements for regional programs.
- Seeking the equitable return of state
and federal funds to the region for use in meeting locally determined needs.
- Providing information and technical planning support for the benefit of member communities to enable best use of public resources.
- Advocating the interests of the region with state and federal decision- makers.