DEADLINE EXTENDED! 2017 Walter F. Ehrnfelt, Jr. Award for Outstanding Regional Contribution
Do you know of a person, organization or infrastructure project that has contributed significantly to the betterment of Northeast Ohio?
If so, then consider making a nomination for NOACA's 2017 Walter F. Ehrnfelt, Jr. Award for Regional Contribution
NOACA launched the Walter F. Ehrnfelt, Jr. Award for Regional Contribution in 2004 to recognize an individual who has contributed significantly toward the betterment of the region by exhibiting outstanding leadership skill and accomplishment. The award is named for Walter F. Ehrnfelt, Jr., the late mayor of Strongsville and a former NOACA Board member, who exemplified leadership, dedication and regional cooperation throughout his career.
Submit a Nomination:
To nominate an individual, organization or project, please complete a short survey
. Please complete one survey per nominee. The deadline to submit a nomination has been extended to Friday, Aug. 11, 2017.
The award will be presented at NOACA's 2017 Annual Meeting
on Sept. 8, 2017.
If you have any questions, please call or email Gayle Godek, Senior Communications Specialist at 216-241-2414, ext. 283, or email@example.com
Nominees for the Walter F. Ehrnfelt, Jr. Award for Regional Contribution may be:
- An individual in the public or private sector
- An organization in the public or private sector
- An infrastructure project representing multiple organizations
Nominees should be recognized for exhibiting and exemplifying the following types of collaboration and cooperation in the NOACA region:
- Fostering collaboration on issues of transportation, air and water quality that will lead to greater regional cohesion and cooperation on other issues of regional concern
- Working collaboratively to remove barriers to joint development or maintenance of infrastructure
- Promoting cost sharing, purchasing coordination and consolidation of services to improve the efficiency and reduce the costs of developing and maintaining transportation and water infrastructure
- Facilitating and promoting the sharing of best practices for regional collaboration and cost sharing Ensuring that infrastructure investments are planned and implemented to maximize transportation benefits across all affected communities
- Promoting infrastructure investments that enhance the interrelationships of communities within the region
Previous Ehrnfelt Award Recipients:
2016 George V. Voinovich, late U.S. Senator, and Steve LaTourette, late U.S. Congressman
2015 Valarie J. McCall, Chief of Government and International Affairs, City of Cleveland
2014 Mary E. Samide, Geauga County Commissioner
2013 James R. Gills, Lake County Engineer
2012 Howard R. Maier, Executive Director, NOACA
2011 Daniel P. Troy, Lake County Commissioner
2010 Chris Ronayne, President, University Circle, Inc.
2009 Jerry Hruby, Mayor, City of Brecksville
2008 Stephen D. Hambley, Medina County Commissioner
2007 Erwin Odeal, Executive Director, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
2006 Robert C. Klaiber, Jr., P.E., P.S., Cuyahoga County Engineer/Sanitary Engineer
2005 Neil Hofstetter, former Geauga County Commissioner
2004 Betty Blair, Lorain County Commissioner