What if you get sick at work and need to go home – but you belong to a car or vanpool and don’t have your vehicle available? What if you need to pick up a child at school? What if an emergency comes up at work and you need to work overtime?
In these situations, NOACA’s Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) Program serves as an insurance policy that you will be able to get home, to a Park-N-Ride lot, child’s school, or other location where you started your commute for the day. NOACA will reimburse up to 80% of bus ticket or taxi fare needed for your trip home if you are in a carpool or vanpool arrangement, up to a maximum of $60 for one trip. You may use GRH up to a maximum of four times per year. So no need to worry about an emergency ride if you carpool – we’ve got you covered.
- You must be registered in the Gohio Commute database and participate in a carpool or vanpool at least three days per week;
- You must fill out a GRH form, indicating your intent to use the service at some time in the future, and send or fax it back to Gohio Commute;
- You can only take advantage of GRH for valid emergencies. The following examples would not be valid reasons for using the GRH:
- You decide to take half the day off from work for vacation;
- You have a previously scheduled dentist or doctor appointment;
- You have overslept and decide to go into work later.