The Overall Work Program (OWP) outlines the transportation and environmental work of NOACA staff during the fiscal year running from July 1 through June 30. It is one of three major planning documents mandated by the federal government for metropolitan planning organizations.
Activities in NOACA's FY 2018 OWP include:
- Create a transit asset management plan for the region’s transit agencies
- Establish performance targets and measures for required elements of NOACA’s work
- Administer a signal timing project that will improve air quality and reduce traffic congestion
- Implement a Regional Safety Program in coordination with law enforcement and other local partners
- Encourage people to use NOACA’s new premier ride planning, matching, and logging tool, Gohio Commute
- Administer Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities program
Provide GIS technical assistance and data management for transportation projects and agency planning
- Develop and maintain transportation models to assist in the region’s transportation planning
Manage and report Capital Programs Performance Measures for project delivery and fund utilization
- Manage and update Transportation Improvement Program for fiscal years 2017-2020.
Coordinate educational and promotional public outreach efforts in support of NOACA’s transportation planning activities
The NOACA Board of Directors formally adopted the FY 2018 Overall Work Program on June 9, 2017 via Resolution 2017-017.