NOACA distributed the region’s second annual Commuter Choice Awards to the following organizations at its Annual Meeting on September 24, 2015:
|2015 winners from left to right: Sarah O’Keeffe, University Hospitals Case Medical Center; Mike Krnac and Paula Tilisky, for Squire Patton Boggs, LLP; Erin Kollar, for Case Western Reserve University; and Scott Branstetter and Russ Grant, for Eaton.
Gold rating: NASA Glenn Research Center; Case Western Reserve University (CWRU)
Silver rating: Tucker Ellis LLP; Eaton Corporation; University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Bronze rating: Defense Finance and Accounting Service; Cleveland Center; Squire Patton Boggs
Most Improved: Case Western Reserve University (CWRU)
Honorable mention: Cleveland Museum of Natural History; Cuyahoga County; MCPc, Inc.; University Circle, Inc.
These organizations offer their employees numerous amenities that encourage them to commute by alternative modes. These include:
- Providing free transit passes to employees
- Offering secure outdoor and indoor parking for bicycles
- Providing showers, changing areas and lockers for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Offering pool cars and bicycles on-site for employees to use during the day if they take transit
- Allowing employees to telecommute and have flexible work schedules
- Offering video-conferencing capabilities to reduce employee travel
- Offering educational programs that help employees learn about the benefits of alternative forms of transportation