Bridge Rehabilitation Project in Lorain
Sponsor: ODOT District 3
Estimated Total Cost: $26,916,047
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: ODOT
Proposed Project: LOR US-6 - 9.67: PID No. 92013 - This project is included in the ODOT District 3 Major Bridge Program. The project involves the rehabilitation of a bascule bridge on US-6 (West Erie Avenue), over the Black River, in Lorain (location map). The work includes major rehabilitation on the deck areas, structural steel repair, painting the structural steel, upgrading and replacing guardrail, substructure and approach work. The estimated total cost, provided by the sponsor, is $26, 916,047. The estimated cost of preliminary engineering preliminary development (PEPD) is $1,722,729. The estimated cost of preliminary engineering detailed design (PEDD) is $91,118. The estimated construction cost is $25,102,200. The project will be ready to construct by October 2017.
Staff Comment (Summary):
• This project is consistent with NOACA’s Connections+ 2035 Goal #3 (Preserve and Improve the Efficiency of the Transportation System).
• Recommend committee and public review in order to obtain comments.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):
• No comments; recommended for Planning and Programming Committee review.
Planning and Programming Committee:
• No comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
• No comments; recommended for Board of Directors’ adoption.