Sponsor: ODOT District 12
Estimated Total Cost: $5,240,000
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: ODOT
History/Background: The following project is included in ODOT District 12’s Major Bridge Program. The Major Bridge Program was established to help alleviate the high cost of major bridge projects previously funded by the individual districts’ bridge allocation funds.
• D12 BH FY2017 MAJOR DECK SEALING: PID No. 99952 - The project involves sealing the decks of 24 major bridges throughout District 12 in Cuyahoga and Lake Counties (location map). The estimated construction cost is $5,240,000. Eighty percent ($4,192,000) of the construction (C) cost will be funded with Major Bridge (MBR) funds. ODOT will provide the twenty percent ($1,048,000) matching funds. The project will be ready to construct by April 2017.
Sponsor: ODOT District 3
Estimated Total Cost: $255,528
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: ODOT Bridge Partnership Programs (Municipal and County)
History/Background: The Ohio Bridge Partnership Program is a new initiative designed to reduce the excess of deficient locally maintained bridges statewide. ODOT will work cooperatively with Ohio’s counties and municipalities to address bridges in need of repair and/or replacement. The program provides $120 million from SFY 2015 – 2017 for the replacement of bridges statewide. Projects meeting eligibility criteria will be designed and constructed through the ODOT- Let process with 100% federal funds, utilizing Toll Revenue Credits, with no local match required.
The following project will be authorized under the STW Line Local Government.
• MED TR 0037 03.69: PID No. 98628 - This project involves replacing a bridge on Remsen Road (TR-37), over a branch of the East Branch of the Rocky River in Granger Township (location map). The estimated cost of construction is $255,528. The project will be ready to construct by June 2016.
Staff Comment (general):
• These projects are consistent with NOACA’s Connections+ 2035 Goal #3 (Preserve and Improve the Efficiency of the Transportation System).
• Recommend committee and public review in order to obtain comments.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):
• No comments; recommended for Planning and Programming Committee review.
Planning and Programming Committee:
• No comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
• No comments; recommended for Board of Directors' review.