NOACA Standing Committees
- Provide advice and policy recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Provide a forum for in-depth discussion and analysis of relevant issues for consideration by the Board of Directors
The Board president appoints chairs for the standing committees. Meeting dates, time and locations are posted on NOACA’s meeting calendar.
Chair: Adam Friedrick
Medina County Commissioner
The Executive Committee serves as a policy liaison to the Board of Directors and provides advice to the Executive Director.
Planning & Programming Committee
Chair: Tanisha R. Briley, City Manager, City of Cleveland Heights
Vice Chair: Richard Heidecker, Columbia Township Trustee
The Planning and Programming Committee provides policy recommendations with regard to the transportation, air quality and water quality powers of the agency. The committee evaluates recommendations from its three subcommittees and brings these recommendations to the Board of Directors for discussion and approval.
Chair: Joe Cattell, Geauga County Engineer
Vice Chair: Martin J. Keane, Cleveland Councilman, Ward 1
- The Transportation Subcommittee provides technical recommendations to the Planning and Programming Committee on transportation-related issues.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Council (BPAC)
Chair: Richard Wong, Director, Planning and Development, City of Cleveland Heights
Vice Chair: Joyce Braverman, Director, Planning Department, City of Shaker Heights
- The BPAC assists the Transportation Subcommittee in proposing bike and pedestrian accommodations during the project planning stages. The BPAC helps NOACA increase modal choices by encouraging bicycling as a viable transportation mode, and supporting facilities that increase bicycle and pedestrian use.
Chair: Joseph A. Calabrese, CEO and General Manager, GCRTA
Vice Chair: Michael Salamone, Director, Medina County Public Transit
- NOACA’s Transit Council advises the Transportation Subcommittee on public transit issues with the goal of providing better transportation choice, improved air quality and reduced traffic congestion through greater use of public transit.
Air Quality Subcommittee
Chair: Holly C. Brinda, Mayor, City of Elyria
Vice Chair: Lynda Bowers, Lafayette Township Trustee
Water Quality Subcommittee
- The Air Quality Subcommittee provides input to the Planning and Programming Committee on air quality issues.
Kenneth P. Carney, Sr., P.E., P.S., Lorain County Engineer
: Kyle Dreyfuss-Wells, CEO, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- The Water Quality Subcommittee advises the Planning and Programming Committee on water quality issues.
Chair: Chase M. Ritenauer, Mayor, City of Lorain
Vice Chair: Walter “Skip” Claypool, Geauga County Commissioner
The Policy Committee provides technical advice and recommendations in the area of comprehensive policy and long-range planning matters to the Board of Directors.
Chair: Daniel P. Troy, Lake County Commissioner
Vice Chair: Ted Kalo, Lorain County Commissioner
The Goverance Committee nominates officers of the Board of Directors for the next year, creates and implements an orientation program for new members, monitors the procedure by which the Board of Directors identify and report known and potential conflicts of interest, and recommends proposed revisions to the Code of Regulations, as necessary.
Finance and Audit Committee
Chair: Susan K. Infeld, Mayor, City of University Heights
Vice Chair: Ann Marie Donegan, Mayor, City of Olmsted Falls
The Finance and Audit Committee selects outside auditors, reviews and evaluates the Agency's accounting and financial controls with the Board President and Executive Director, provides general financial oversight for the agency, and reports annually to the Board of Directors on the results of the audit.
External Affairs Committee
Chair: Terrell H. Pruitt, Cleveland Councilman, Ward 1
Vice Chair: Robert A. Stefanik, Mayor, City of North Royalton
The External Affairs Committee assists the Agency with its relationships with various government agencies and subdivisions, the media and the general public.
Business Advisory Council (BAC)
Chair: Bethany Dentler, Executive Director, Medina County Economic Development Corporation
Vice Chair: Virginia D. Benjamin, Attorney at Law, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP
- The BAC engages the business community and provides insight and feedback on how the agency’s programs and policies affect business and economic development in Greater Cleveland.
Community Advisory Council (CAC)
Chair: William Harper, Executive Director, United Way of Greater Lorain County
Vice Chair: Frank Whitfield, CEO Lorain County Urban League
- The CAC provides feedback on how the agency’s programs and policies are carried out and encourages public participation and engagement in NOACA planning efforts.
Rural Advisory Council (RAC)
Chair: Kyle White, Community Educator, OSU Extension
Vice Chair: Not yet designated
Related Documents and Links:
- The RAC helps the External Relations Committee better understand and integrate the unique planning needs of rural area constituents and serve as a conduit of communication and coordination between rural and urban entities.