Title: Maintenance Projects in Medina County
Sponsor: Medina County Engineer
Estimated Total Cost: $600,000
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: County Engineers Association of Ohio (CEAO)
History/Background: In 2006, The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) required that CEAO spend half of its County Surface Transportation Program (CSTP) funds on safety projects, and it was subsequently determined that the CSTP and Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) funds would be administered by CEAO as separate programs. To be eligible for federal HSIP funding a project must correct or improve an identified hazardous road section, intersection, or bridge location or feature or address a highway safety problem.
The following projects have been approved by the CEAO for the use of Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) funds:
• MED CR GR FYS 2018 and 2019 - This project involves the installation of new and upgrade of existing deficient guardrail and bridge rail on various county roads in Medina County in state fiscal year (SFY) 2018 (PID No. 96861: MED CR GR FY 2018) and SFY 2019 (PID No. 97433: MED CR GR FY 2019). The estimated construction cost is $100,000 and $200,000, respectively. The construction will be funded with 100% HSIP funds administered through the CEAO.
• MED CR PM FYs 2018 - 2020 - This project involves the installation of new pavement markings on various county roads in Medina County in state fiscal year (SFY) 2018 (PID No. 96862: MED CR PM FY 2018), SFY 2019 (PID No. 97430: MED CR PM FY 2019 and SFY 2020 (PID No. 99573: MED CR GR FY 2020). The estimated annual construction cost is $100,000. The construction will be funded with 100% HSIP funds administered through the CEAO.
Staff Comment (Summary):
• These projects are consistent with NOACA’s Connections+ 2035 Goal #3 (Preserve and Improve the Efficiency of the Transportation System).
• Recommend committee and public review in order to obtain comments.
• No comments; recommended for Planning and Programming Committee review.
Planning and Programming Committee:
• No comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
• No comments; recommended for Board of Directors review.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):