Laketran Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2015 Grant Program Amendment
Estimated Total Cost:
Proposed Source of Federal Funds:
Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
Laketran's capital program is listed in the NOACA SFY 2014 – 2017 TIP. Laketran is adding new projects and amending other projects in 2015.
Laketran receives funding through the FTA Section 5307 (Urbanized Area Formula) Program and Section 5339 (Bus and Bus Facilities) Program each year. Laketran receives funding from the FTA that is allocated to the Cleveland Urbanized Area (CUZA) and then split within the region. There is a split agreement approved by the transit systems based on the 2010 census information. Laketran will receive 5307 and 5339 funds based on the split agreement. In order for Laketran to apply for and receive the funds, projects must be included in the TIP.
Laketran reports the capital budget is a total cost of $2,875,000.
Changes in the Section 5307 program are as follows:
| Enhancement Items (PID No. 89674)
| Enhancement Items (PID No. 89676)
| Miscellaneous Support Equipment (PID No. 89677)
| Professional Services (PID No.89678)
| Maintenance Capitalization (PID No. 89668)
The project to be added to the Section 5339 program is as follows:
| Bus & Bus Facility Improvements
Staff Comment (Summary):
• This project is consistent with NOACA’s Connections+ 2035 Goals #3 (Preserve and Improve the Efficiency of the Transportation System), #4 (More Balanced System Enhancing Modal Choice) and #5 (Improve Mobility of the Transit Dependent and Low Income Individuals).
• Recommend committee and public review in order to obtain comments.
• The Transportation Subcommittee did not have a quorum of members present at its meeting. The consensus among the attending members was to recommend the project for Planning and Programming Committee review.
Planning & Programming Committee:
• No comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
• No comments; recommended for Board of Directors' review.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):