2018 Commuter Choice Awards
Each year, NOACA and its partners sponsor the NEO Commuter Choice Awards, a friendly competition that recognizes and rewards employers who encourage employees to choose alternatives to drive-alone commutes. Smart commuting benefits your company, your employees, and our region. If your company already promotes smart commuting, here’s your chance to be recognized, earn bragging rights, and showcase your commitment to sustainability. And if you’re interested in starting or improving a smart commute program, the Commuter Choice Awards will help you learn more.
NOACA has partnered with the Sustainable Cleveland and the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) to sponsor the 2018 Commuter Choice Awards. The application period for the 2018 program is now closed. We appreciate all organizations that submitted applications and went the extra mile to participate in the month-long Clean Air Challenge on Gohio Commute. Award winners will be announced at the 2018 Sustainability Summit in Cleveland in September.
- Reduce parking demand at your workplace
- Help your employees get to work each day
- Save money for you and your employees
- Create a healthier, more productive workforce
- Attract and retain talented employees
- Help clean the air in Northeast Ohio
Examples of award winning actions that encourage employees to use alternative transportation include:
2018 Prizes and Awards
- Creating and promoting a subsite on Gohio Commute
- Providing free or subsidized transit passes to employees
- Offering secure outdoor and indoor parking for bicycles
- Providing showers, changing areas and lockers for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Allowing employees to telecommute and have flexible work schedules
- Creating a parking cash-out program that rewards employees who don't drive alone
"Best in Class" Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
- Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses (< 100 full time employees)
- Large Businesses (>100 full time employees)
- Small- and Medium-Sized Non-Profits (< 100 full time employees)
- Non-Profit Institutions and Government (>100 full time employees)
In addition, overall winners will be recognized in the following categories: Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
2018 winners will be posted in late September/early October. View winners from the 2017 Commuter Choice Awards.
Watch this page in early 2019 for information on how to apply for next year’s Commuter Choice Awards. A link to the application survey will be posted on this page sometime in April or May.
For more information call us at 216-241-2414, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.