About the Award
If your organization encourages employees and customers to use alternative transportation modes, we want to recognize and celebrate those efforts! Earn bragging rights among your peers for being one of the region’s top organizations for supporting green commuting.
NOACA, in partnership with Sustainable Cleveland and Cleveland 2030 District, presents the 2017 Commuter Choice Awards. Our goal is to have Northeast Ohio organizations of all shapes and sizes take action by supporting employee health and more sustainable forms of transportation. Participating organizations are eligible to win great prizes and recognition at a special event in the fall.
How to Enter
2017 Prizes and Awards
Grand Prizes will be awarded in four categories. Stayed tuned for more details! There will be one grand prize winner per category:
- Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses (< 100 full time employees)
- Large Businesses (>100 full time employees)
- Small- and Medium-Sized Non-Profits (< 100 full time employees)
- Non-Profit Institutions and Government (>100 full time employees)
Examples of award winning actions that encourage employees to use alternative transportation include:
- Creating and promoting a subsite on Gohio Commute
- Providing free or subsidized transit passes to employees
- Offering secure outdoor and indoor parking for bicycles
- Providing showers, changing areas and lockers for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Allowing employees to telecommute and have flexible work schedules
Similar to previous years, NOACA will also be providing awards in the following categories: Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention. View winners from the 2016 Commuter Choice Awards.
For more information call Beverly Burtzlaff at 216-241-2414, ext. 321, or email her at email@example.com.