CLEVELAND (Wednesday, December 19, 2018) – At its meeting on December 14, the Board of Directors of the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) approved funding for nearly $1.7 million to enhance the lives of seniors and those with disabilities.
The Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities (or “5310”) program is a federal program which provides awards to assist non-profits and public agencies who offer transportation services that meet the needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities.
This year, NOACA awarded funds to two (2) transit agencies; four (4) municipalities; and seven (7) social service agencies for vehicle replacements and expansion.
“Equity for all users – including those who are older or have disabilities – is incredibly important to us here at NOACA,” said Grace Gallucci, NOACA Executive Director. “Providing opportunities for people to move around more easily and enhance quality of life is a goal of our agency, one which is becoming increasingly important as our population ages.”
NOACA received 21 requests for $4.1 million in funding from communities and social service agencies to replace vehicles; and improve computers, hardware, software, communications and security equipment. The program funds 80 percent of the cost of capital projects and the remaining 20 percent must be covered by local funding.
For a complete list of recipients, visit www.noaca.org/5310
* * *
The Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) is a transportation and environmental planning agency that represents state, county, city, village, and township officials in Greater Cleveland. NOACA addresses the transportation, air quality, and water quality needs of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina counties. The agency and its partners cooperatively develop and implement plans to ensure that travel throughout the region is safe, cost-effective and environmentally sound. NOACA’s vision is to STRENGTHEN regional cohesion, PRESERVE existing infrastructure, and BUILD a sustainable multimodal transportation system to SUPPORT economic development and ENHANCE quality of life in Northeast Ohio. To learn more about NOACA, visit www.noaca.org.
Media Contact: Jocelynn Clemings, Communications and Public Engagement Manager, 216-241-2414, ext. 253 or firstname.lastname@example.org