The Water Quality Subcommittee provides advice and policy recommendations to the Planning and Programming Committee with regard to environmental planning responsibilities. The Water Quality Subcommittee focuses on issues pertaining to NOACA’s responsibilities as a designated water quality management planning agency. The Subcommittee reviews and recommends changes to the region’s 208 facility area planning boundaries that govern how Ohio EPA issues Permits-to-Install sanitary sewers. Additionally, the Subcommittee works to address water quality and storm water management issues throughout the region by advocating a watershed planning approach to land use decisions.
- Provides advice and policy recommendations on issues or projects related to water quality
- Helps the Board and agency staff identify significant water quality problems, priorities and concerns using a comprehensive regional approach
- Assists the Board and agency staff in water quality work program development
2017 Focus Areas:
- Disposal of Cuyahoga River dredged material
- Policies and strategies to manage urban sprawl
- Clean Water 2000 update
- Comprehensive regionwide sanitary sewer infrastructure map
- Facility Planning Area boundary updates
Presentations from Water Quality Subcommittee meetings are available on NOACA's website calendar under the date of the meeting.
Related Documents and Links: