On April 11, 2014, the NOACA Board of Directors approved the following actions regarding this project: Resolution No. 2014-016 Project Planning Review and Resolution No. 2014-017 Plan and TIP Amendment. The project Planning Review (PPR) and Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC) processes for this project are now complete.
Title: Resurface Chippewa Road in Lafayette and Montville Townships
Sponsor: Medina County Engineer
PID No: 96872
Estimated Total Cost: $732,000
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: County Engineers Association of Ohio (CEAO)
History/Background: In November 2012, the Medina County Engineer was approved for CEAO-administered Surface Transportation Program (C/STP) funds for the repair and resurfacing of Chippewa Road (County Road [CR] 50) in FY (fiscal year) 2017. In October 2013, legislation was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners, Medina County Ohio, for the resurfacing on Chippewa Road in Lafayette and Montville Townships, in Medina County.
Proposed Project: The proposed project involves resurfacing approximately 1.81 miles along Chippewa Road, from Lake Road to SR-3, in Lafayette and Montville Townships (location map).
The estimated construction cost of the project is $732,000. Eighty percent ($585,600) of the construction cost will be funded with C/STP funds. The sponsor will provide the 20 percent ($146,600) non-federal share of construction. The project can be designed and ready to construct in March 2017.
Staff Comment (Summary):
Short Range Planning: Project Development and Member Services Team:
• This project is consistent with NOACA’s Connections+ 2035 Goal #3 (Preserve and Improve the Efficiency of the Transportation System).
• According to the NOACA Regional Pavement Management System (RPMS), the 2012 pavement condition rating (PCR) for this section of Chippewa Road ranges from 79 to 80 (good condition).
• Recommend committee and public review in order to obtain comments.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):
If you are a representative of a governmental entity and would like to comment on this project,
please email us.
NOACA encourages comments from the public on this proposed transportation improvement
project. We would appreciate it if you include your city of residence, although it is not required.
The public review period lasts until the Governing Board makes a decision about them. If you
have a comment on this project, please email us.
• No comments; recommended for Planning and Programming Committee review.
Planning and Programming Committee:
• No comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
• No comments; recommended for Board of Directors review.