On April 11, 2014, the NOACA Board of Directors approved the following actions regarding this project: Resolution No. 2014-016 Project Planning Review and Resolution No. 2014-017 Plan and TIP Amendment. The project Planning Review (PPR) and Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC) processes for this project are now complete.
Title: Bridge Projects in Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties
Sponsor: ODOT District 12
Estimated Total Cost: $3,700,000
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: ODOT District Preservation Program
History/Background: The pavement and bridge preservation program provides funding for the preservation and rehabilitation of the Priority, Urban and General System pavements and the state maintained bridge structures. The goal of the program is to maintain pavements and bridges at a relatively low and stable level of deficiencies where rate of maintenance and repairs can efficiently sustain the system conditions. For bridges, funding is provided to address deficiencies in one or more of the bridge condition categories (General Appraisal, Floor Condition, Wearing Surface or Paint Condition).
• CUY IR 90 9.70 L & R: PID No. 96673 - The project involves painting the structural steel of the bridge on IR-90 over the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) in Cleveland (location map). The estimated construction cost is $3,700,000. The project will be fully funded with ODOT District Preservation funds for award in January 2018.
Sponsor: Lorain County Engineer
Estimated Total Cost: $1,157,000
Proposed Source of Federal Funds: County Engineers Association of Ohio (CEAO)
History/Background: Funding under the Local Bridge (LBR) program is limited to federally eligible bridges for which the county engineer has maintenance responsibility. In addition to meeting the federal eligibility criteria, to qualify for rehabilitation under the LBR program a bridge must have a General Appraisal rating of 7 or less.
• LOR PITTS RD: PID No. 96884 - The proposed project involves replacing a bridge (No. 187) on Pitts Road, over Charlemont Creek, in Wellington Township (location map). The structure is currently rated 3A (serious condition) with a sufficiency rating of 19.7. The project will include removal of the existing structure, construction of new concrete abutments, a pre-cast box beam superstructure, bridge rail and approach guardrail with minor approach pavement and embankment work. The new bridge will be 28 feet wide.
The estimated total cost, provided by the sponsor, is $1,157,000. The estimated cost of preliminary engineering preliminary development (PEPD) is $80,000. The estimated cost of preliminary engineering detail design (PEDD) is $150,000. The PEPD and PEDD will be funded by the sponsor. The estimated construction cost is $927,000. Eighty percent ($741,600) of the construction (C) cost will be funded with CEAO Local Bridge (LBR) funds. The sponsor will provide the twenty percent ($185,400) matching funds.
Staff Comment (Summary):
Short Range Planning: Project Development and Member Services Team:
• These projects are consistent with NOACA’s Connections+ 2035 Goal #3 (Preserve and Improve the Efficiency of the Transportation System).
• Recommend committee and public review in order to obtain comments.
Intergovernmental Review and Consultation (IGRC):
If you are a representative of a governmental entity and would like to comment on this project,
please email us.
NOACA encourages comments from the public on this proposed transportation improvement
project. We would appreciate it if you include your city of residence, although it is not required.
The public review period lasts until the Governing Board makes a decision about them. If you
have a comment on this project, please email us.
• No comments; recommended for Planning and Programming Committee review.
Planning and Programming Committee:
• No comments; recommended for Executive Committee review.
• No comments; recommended for Board of Directors review.